This is my VISION and I will continue to seek out like minded people who are in alignment with this VISION to save THEIR LIVES, and the LIVES of friends, love ones, relatives and acquaintances. I will do this to address both MORTALITY and MORBIDITY issues.
These are facts presented by the American Heart association and Stroke association concerning African Americans & Cardiovascular Disease (CVD), Coronary Heart Disease (CHD), Stroke, High Blood Pressure (HBP), High Blood Cholesterol and Other Lipids, Overweight and Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus .
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD), including heart disease and stroke, remains the No. 1 killer of Americans and exacts a disproportionate toll on many racial and ethnic groups that have higher rates of CVD and its risk factors.
- CVD accounts for about one-third of the disparity in potential life-years lost between blacks and whites.
- CVD age-adjusted death rates are 33% higher for blacks than for the overall population in the U.S.
- Blacks are nearly twice as likely to have a first stroke and much more likely to die from one than whites.
- Among non-Hispanic blacks age 20 and older, 46.0% of men and 48.3% of women have Cardiovascular Disease (CVD).
- In 2011, CVD caused the deaths of 46,081 black males and 47,130 black females.
- High blood pressure is more prevalent in certain racial/ethnic minority groups in the U.S., especially blacks.
- Non-Hispanic blacks, Mexican-Americans, American Indians, and Alaska Natives have a higher prevalence of diabetes than non-Hispanic whites for adults over age 20.1
- Non-Hispanic blacks and Mexican American women have a higher rate of obesity, a risk factor for CVD and diabetes, than non-Hispanic white women.
In 2016 I will continue to educate the nearly 50% of us who knowingly or unknowingly are battling these diseases. It is only through LIFESTYLE changes that these statistics can be changed. These LIFESTYLE Changes require not only EXERCISE, but Nutritional changes and their MENTAL approach including re-examining your beliefs and the role they have in the decisions you make in your life concerning the execution of your exercise and nutrition!!!
I will build an army and with the help of the “100th Monkey Theory,” bring about the required paradigm shift. I will continue to look for highly motivated people to help lead the way!
The 100th Monkey
A story about social change.
The Japanese monkey, Macaca Fuscata, had been observed in the wild for a period of over 30 years.
In 1952, on the island of Koshima, scientists were providing monkeys with sweet potatoes dropped in the sand. The monkey liked the taste of the raw sweet potatoes, but they found the dirt unpleasant.
An 18-month-old female named Imo found she could solve the problem by washing the potatoes in a nearby stream. She taught this trick to her mother. Her playmates also learned this new way and they taught their mothers too.
This cultural innovation was gradually picked up by various monkeys before the eyes of the scientists. Between 1952 and 1958 all the young monkeys learned to wash the sandy sweet potatoes to make them more palatable. Only the adults who imitated their children learned this social improvement. Other adults kept eating the dirty sweet potatoes.
Then something startling took place. In the autumn of 1958, a certain number of Koshima monkeys were washing sweet potatoes — the exact number is not known. Let us suppose that when the sun rose one morning there were 99 monkeys on Koshima Island who had learned to wash their sweet potatoes. Let’s further suppose that later that morning, the hundredth monkey learned to wash potatoes.
THEN IT HAPPENED!
By that evening almost everyone in the tribe was washing sweet potatoes before eating them. The added energy of this hundredth monkey somehow created an ideological breakthrough!
But notice: A most surprising thing observed by these scientists was that the habit of washing sweet potatoes then jumped over the sea…Colonies of monkeys on other islands and the mainland troop of monkeys at Takasakiyama began washing their sweet potatoes.
Thus, when a certain critical number achieves an awareness, this new awareness may be communicated from mind to mind.
Although the exact number may vary, this Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon means that when only a limited number of people know of a new way, it may remain the conscious property of these people.
But there is a point at which if only one more person tunes-in to a new awareness, a field is strengthened so that this awareness is picked up by almost everyone!
I WILL CONTINUE BUILDING UNTIL I REACH CRITICAL MASS & I’M ONLY A MESSAGE AWAY!
From the book “The Hundredth Monkey” by Ken Keyes, Jr.
The book is not copyrighted and the material may be reproduced in whole or in part.