As an athlete it is best to have a plan and strategy in place to fuel the body! To ingest the required nutrients STAY HEALTHY, HAVE ENERGY TO OPTIMALLY PERFORM AND RECOVER, AND SUPPORT ALL VITAL BODILY FUNCTIONS NECESSARY TO SUSTAIN THESE!
SO DO YOU EVER PAUSE BEFORE EATING OFF PLAN TO ASK YOURSELF … WHY AM I EATING THIS?
It’s on my eating plan, it meets my standards as clean fuel & will get me closer to my goals!
NOT BEST ANSWERS:
I AM MEDICATING WITH FOOD:
• It will make me feel better … I’m numbing myself with food … It will allow me to calm down by feeling full or satisfied … I will not feel so emotionally empty … I need or deserve this!
I’M HAVING PSYCHOLOGICAL CRAVINGS:
• It is comfort foods -This is like giving a child candy because you are leaving or because they feel bad.
• It is a trigger food – Beware of foods that breakdown your self-discipline and control. “Bet you can’t eat just one” or they leave you craving more of other things
• It is a habit – Eating ice cream or a cookie or wine before bed or with a meal or for something to do.
• I am bored – Eating is something to do when you have nothing to do.
I’M HAVING EMOTIONAL CRAVINGS:
• I am using food to lower my brainwaves … I need to get my brain quit … out of this over excited state.
• I am 2 (too)
2 angry, 2 lonely, 2 hungry, 2 bored, 2 depressed, 2 tense, 2 anxious, 2 unhappy, 2 tired, 2 over-worked, 2 stressed, 2 busy, 2 frustrated, 2 intense, 2 apathetic, 2 exhausted, 2 hungry, etc.
I AM RECREATIONAL EATING:
• I am eating for entertainment! … Social Eating!… Holiday Binging!
BEFORE YOU EAT … REREAD BEST ANSWER … YOUR DECISIONS HAVE A DIRECT IMPACT ON ACCOMPLISHING YOUR GOAL!