No TV … this was a tough one …
I had to realize that I still tend to be a work-a-holic and have used TV to make myself sit down & rest. If I am 2 tired or 2 run down, I can over-indulge, but during the day, it makes me stop and sit.
I have always believed that to maintain balance, we cannot get 2 (too).
2 angry, 2 depressed, 2 hungry, 2 lonely, 2 tired, 2 over-worked, 2 tense,
2 anxious, 2 unhappy, 2 tired, 2 stressed, 2 busy, 2 frustrated, 2 intense,
2 apathetic, 2 unsure of yourself, etc.
I fought to identification the 2-(too) behaviors that tend to derail my forward progress and sabotage my efforts. I have worked to identify/develop different behaviors that help to maintain my forward progress, reinforce my goals and help maintain my momentum.
TV is something I use to RELAX!
My cycle is similar to this … It always begins with … 2 (too) TIRED
- 2 tired … start feeling bad … not as productive accomplishing goals
- NEXT 2 obsessed with making lists … trying to feel better & accomplish more
- NEXT 2 disappointed in accomplishments … Feel worse … lists grow
- NEXT 2 obsessed with lists … stop connecting with people …
- NEXT 2 lonely … feel depressed .. stop socializing
- NEXT 2 depressed … I eventually get sick
- NEXT 2 sick … excuse to rest
- REST … fixes problem … I’m back!
So I started planning breaks to rest 1st step:
- 2 tired … start feeling bad not as productive accomplishing goals
Then I do not have to do all those other behaviors.
MY stand by Plan … TV was a vehicle to rest … I Require a better vehicle!
15 years ago, living in NYC when I felt myself getting 2-tired, I would actually go to a multiplex theater and see 6 movies on same ticket & sleep through most of them … It was a mini 1 day vacation.
The answer is probably better planning of my days! Planning rest period not dependent on TV!
Must work on that!