Well having survived the 2 weeks before a major election with not expressing an opinion was very interesting.
- There was a feeling of ease in not having to express an opinion to people that agreed with me to show support or people who disagree with me as a way of controlling their different thoughts, attempting to influence their thoughts or even justify mine!
- I was able to focus on more things that served me. It was great smiling and not feeling obligated to express my thoughts or even figure out how to get my thoughts organized in a manner so they landed accurately in some focused manner!
- It made me a better listener … hearing other people requires you to keep your lips closed … definitely spent more time doing that! I discovered that I have a pair of ears and how to use them much more effectively! It felt wonderful t listen more to others. I must say that I spent more time really listening and not listening to respond. Realized the I do this a lot which makes me ether listening to playing offence or listening playing defense and not simply sitting with what I hear!
- I am naturally a story teller and having a “Monkey” personality, I love being the center of attraction. I really crack myself up! I discovered … much to my delight, that I also love hearing others stories. All I have to do is shut up and they poor out!
- FINALLY … AFTER NOT EXPRESSING MY OPINION FOR TWO WEEKS, THE WORLD DID NOT GO TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET. LIFE AS I KNOW IT WHEN ON WITHOUT MY INPUT … DON’T REALLY KNOW HOW … BUT IT DID … LOL !!!