Week 21 – Letting Go of Our Inner Charlie Brown
Charles Monroe Schulz (November 26, 1922 – February 12, 2000), nicknamed Sparky, was an American cartoonist best known for the comic strip Peanuts (which featured the characters Charlie Brown and Snoopy, among others). He is widely regarded as one of the most influential cartoonists of all times.
I remember as a child, (my formative years) watching Snoopy, Charlie Brown & friends on TV and reading about their adventures in the Sunday comics.
MEET CHARLIE BROWN …
as described Metaphorically by HIS SUBCONSCIOUS narrated by his closest friends and MOST TRAGICALLY … HE BELIEVE IT & LIVED IT!
(note: watch all 1:54 seconds of it!)
There was always something (often the same things you and I allow) standing in the way of the simple things that he wanted in life!
Motivation was never the issue … he tried & tried & tried.
But each time failed … NEVER ABLE TO OVERCOME HIS OBSTACLES!!!
WHAT SIMPLE THINGS DID HE WANT?
(All metaphors for us achieving what we want!)
- PITCH a winning Baseball game!
- KEEP a Kite in the air!
- WIN a game of checkers!
- SUCCESSFULLY punt a football!
A PARTICULAR COMIC I OBSERVED STUCK WITH ME THROUGHOUT MY ENTIRE LIFE!
IT HAS STAYED WITH ME FOR OVER FIFTY YEARS DEEP WITHIN MY SUBCONSCIOUS MIND!!!
(Note: this is representative of an actual comic strip that I read and it influenced me as a child)
THROUGHOUT MY LIFE … EVERY TIME I HAVE STRUGGLED AND PLEASE BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY … OVER THE SAME OBSTACLES …. I ASKED MYSELF … WHY DON’T YOU MOVE IT!!!
BUT EVERY TIME FACING THESE OBSTACLES THAT SEEMED SO BIG … I GOT THE SAME ANSWERS TRYING TO MOVE THEM!!!
I AM A VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCE!!!
This answer Charlie Brown cannot take credit for …
I drew this inspiration from another one of my “great” Teachers!
(this one is only 3 seconds)
“I’M A VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCE!!!”
… actually requires no explanation!
So let’s meet some our ROCKS:
OUR BIGGEST ROCKS:
- HURT FEELINGS
SOME OF OUR OTHER ROCKS:
- Not Having the Proper Beliefs to Support Your Goals
- Insufficient Self Esteem To Achieve Or Sustain Success
- Failure to Plan a Strategy
- Failure to Take Sufficient Action
- Losing Focus
- Over Thinking
- Self doubt
AND PRIOR TO ACTION … ROCKS WE MENTALLY STRUGGLE WITH PUTTING OTHER OBSTACLES IN PLACE … These are those dangerous and subtle rationalizations that LEAD TO FAILURE:
- Motivation Follows Action
- Lack of Courage
- Explanations Follow Actions
- Action Isn’t Petty
- “The conditions aren’t right.”
- “This setback proved it’s not possible/not worth it.”
- “I picked the wrong path… I should just try something else.
- I don’t know where to begin.”
- “Nothing I do will make a difference.”
- “I’m overwhelmed.”
- “I’m not making any progress.”
- “I’m trapped.”
- “It’s below me…” or “I’m too good for that.”
- “I need to know more.”
- “They are already doing it better than I could.”
- “I have no resources compared to them.”
- “I’m so drained from my existing obligations.”
- “I’m completely burned out.”
- “It won’t work.”
- “I’m not good enough.”
At 65 years old … I have finally stood FREE from these FALSE GREAT Teachers!
(note: This is representative of one I never saw)
The teachings of MKMMA (MasterKey Mastermind Alliance), are now front & center in our minds!
We are 6 feet tall and bullet Proof … A Superman or Superwomen thing!!
We are Whole, Perfect, Strong, Powerful, Loving Harmonious and Happy!
These obstacles are no longer in charge of our Beliefs, Thoughts, Feelings, Actions, and the results are Great Consequences, New Beliefs, New Thoughts, Great Feelings, and Inspired actions!!
And … as a result:
- We PITCH winning Baseball games!
- We KEEP Kites in the air!
- We WIN at games of checkers!
- We SUCCESSFULLY punt footballs!
We even win our SUPERBOWLS!!!
LIFE IS ABOUT EXECUTION!!!
About the Author
I serve a thriving, prosperous and growing Wellness Community to promote Exercise, Nutrition and the Mental Skills required to sustain true health.